Mothers UnionMothers Union is a christian charity organization with 3000 members in over 335 churches around Namirembe Diocese. Married women in the Anglican church of Uganda demonstrate their christian faith through actions that seek the transformation of families and communities world wide.
Our Vision, Mission & ValuesWhen Mothers Union was established in Uganda in 1908, its purpose was to encourage parents in caring for their children, not just physically and mentally, but also spiritually. From the outset, it recognized that strong relationships and the role of a family however defined, are crucial in building healthy communities.
VisionA Christ centered ministry impacting families and communities world wide wherever mothers union exists in the world.
MissionTo express our christian faith by the transformation of families and communities world wide.
We aim to archive this by promoting the importance of marriage, supporting families and nurturing faith: with members sensitively spreading the good news of God who loves and cares for us all.Each member of mothers union around the Diocese subscribes to the same values, the moral and ethical codes that are central to the ways in which we operate Namely;
- We are firmly rooted in voluntary ethic centered on mutual respect and collaboration.
- Our governance, leadership and programs are driven and undertaken through members with in their own communities.
- We are inclusive-means we work with people of all faith and none.
- we believe in team spirit and work together to achieve our objectives.
- Upholding Biblical family values is the key point to our ministry.
- Innovativenes and creativity is something we encourage our members to take as serious in order to ensure we have sufficient resources to full fill our mission.Read More